The only FDA-approved treatment to dramatically reduce underarm sweat and odor in just one treatment*
Excessive and unwanted underarm sweat and odor can be embarrassing, uncomfortable, and even ruin your favorite shirts and blouses. Did you know over 50% of people in the United States suffer from extreme sweating (also known as hyperhidrosis and axillary osmidrosis) of the underarms? At the Bucky Body Center, we offer a fast and permanent solution for this condition with miraDry – a one-time non-surgical, underarm sweat and odor reduction procedure with lasting results.
What is miraDry?
miraDry is an FDA-cleared, non-invasive treatment that is both safe and clinically proven to dramatically reduce underarm sweat and odor in just one treatment. With its revolutionary laser technology, miraDry delivers a quick and painless procedure with no downtime that targets and destroys sweat glands (don’t worry, you don’t actually need them to sweat healthily!) in the armpit region through controlled and targeted electromagnetic energy. Because miraDry effectively eliminates unnecessary sweat glands, its results outlast even the strongest antiperspirants and alternative treatments that require routine upkeep. miraDry is one of our favorite treatments because it improves quality of life, saves resources, and streamlines your personal daily routines – toss the deodorants, save on dry cleaning, and live more care-free!
Enjoy special savings when you purchase one of our Bucky Body Center packages. Schedule a consultation today.
Preparing for miraDry
Prior to your miraDry procedure, it’s important that you:
- Shave 4-6 days before your treatment
- Take ibuprofen half hour prior to your treatment
- Arrive at your appointment without deodorant on
- Wear a loose fitting, comfortable tank top
There is zero downtime and recovery following your miraDry procedure. However, for optimal results, we ask that you:
- Wash the treated area 2x daily for a week
- Use ice and ibuprofen as needed
- Don’t shave, apply creams, or deodorants the treated areas for 3 days
- Avoid vigorous exercise for a week
- Am I A Candidate For miraDry®? You don’t need a formal hyperhidrosis diagnosis from your doctor to receive miraDry treatment. If excessive underarm sweating and odor impacts your daily life – during your workouts, when in the sun, or even just in your day-to-day activities — then you’re a candidate for miraDry.
- Is it healthy to lose sweat glands? You have 2-4 million sweat glands in your body and miraDry only targets and eliminates those in the underarm region which is roughly 2%. Therefore, with such a small number of sweat glands affected, you can rest assured that you will continue to sweat healthily.
- Will I sweat somewhere else now? No. You will not notice an increase in sweat in another area of the body. miraDry only works to provide an 82% reduction in sweat and order in the axillary (underarm) area.
- What happens to the treated sweat glands? When we discharge thermal energy via miraDry technology the sweat glands are heated to a temperature that renders them permanently inoperable. The sweat and odor glands will remain in your dermis but they are unable to produce perspiration or odor in those areas.
- How many treatments will I need? Most individuals will need one miraDry treatment to achieve their goals. In rare cases patients with clinical hyperhidrosis may need a second treatment to receive the desired effect.